Upstate Veterinary Specialists has received national awards not once but three times for design of our facilities. And in 2011 we received the highest award for any veterinary practice in North America – the Specialty Hospital of the Year award from the American Animal Hospital Association. The multiple awards demonstrate the leading role UVS has played in the advancement of specialty veterinary care in the US.
The state-of-the-art equipment present in our facility mirrors that seen in many advanced human facilities with some of the recent additions including:
- A state-of-the-art MRI specifically designed for dogs and cats.
- The first veterinary linear accelerator in South Carolina for the treatment of cancer using radiation.
- Flouroscopy with digital subtraction angiography allowing us to deliver chemotherapy directly to the blood vessels entering a tumor.
- Operating microscopy allowing us to operate inside the eye.
- A custom designed state-of-the-art dental suite.
- Minimally invasive suites where many procedures are now performed through tiny incisions.
However, no matter what technology we are using our number one priority is caring for you and your pet.