UPSTATE VET ASHEVILLE: CHANGES TO HOURS & SERVICES
March 30, 2020
The Upstate Vet ASHEVILLE team would like to remind area pet owners that we are still onsite and available to assist you during this uncertain time surrounding COVID-19.
Beginning, Monday, March 30, 2020, Upstate Vet ASHEVILLE will implement the following changes in hours and services to help ensure that patients with the greatest health needs are able to receive priority care.
- Our specialists will continue accepting referrals from your pet’s primary care veterinarian for consults. Depending on the diagnosis and suggested treatment plan, our doctors may recommend that some procedures be scheduled after COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. Our veterinarians will make recommendations based on what is best for each patient on a case-by-case basis as we are very sensitive to the needs of our patients and the concerns of our pet owners.
- Surgery & Internal Medicine – these services will be available Monday-Saturday by referral only from your pet’s primary care veterinarian. On Sunday, these services are on-call.
- Ophthalmology & Oncology –Ophthalmology will be available Monday-Wednesday; Oncology Monday-Thursday
- Dentistry & Oral Surgery – appointments for this department have temporarily been suspended in Asheville but will remain available at our Greenville hospital.
Admissions (Urgent & Emergency Care)
- Urgent & Emergency Care is available 7 days a week by referral only from your pet’s primary care veterinarian.
- Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to accept walk-in emergencies.
- Referral appointments for Specialty Care & Admissions are available 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, 7 days a week
- 24-hour patient care and hospitalization
Our team thanks you for your understanding and patience as we adjust our schedule to best serve you and your pets. We greatly appreciate your trust in our hospital.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of our team or your primary care veterinarian.
Regan Zeller, CVT, BS, MBA
Ingar Krebs, DVM, DACVS
Upstate Vet Communications
March 19, 2020
We want to remind pet owners that the Upstate Vet team is still on site.
During this uncertain time surrounding COVID-19, we realize that your pets need us and we want you to know that our team is available to care for them.
For everyone’s safety, we have implemented limited access to our buildings in both Greenville and Asheville that suspends usage of our waiting area and gives restricted access to our building.
This plan involves the following:
- Restricted access to both locations.
- Telephone screening to assess potential client exposure.
- Telephone and curbside check in are in effect.
- Upon arrival for appointments/procedures/admissions, owners are asked to remain in their vehicles and call or text us.
- Medically necessary rechecks will take place; non-essential recheck exams will be rescheduled.
- Financial transactions will occur via phone or at the vehicle.
- Visitation of hospitalized patients has been suspended with the exception of critical patients and extenuating circumstances.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Be assured that your pet is receiving the very best care, and that our team is taking the necessary precautions to keep everyone happy and healthy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.