Our critical care team is trained in veterinary emergency and critical care and provides care for the most severe, life-threatening traumas or diseases. Our primary goal is to provide rapid and efficient stabilization, treatment and diagnostics.
Patients hospitalized in the intensive care unit (ICU) receive 24-hour monitoring and care. The ICU is fully equipped with:
- Continuous EKG monitoring using remote telemetry
- Oxygen therapy—oxygen cages, nasal oxygen lines
- Blood pressure monitors
- Pulse oximetry
- Rapid diagnostic testing including blood gas and electrolytes
- Extensive in-house blood bank for the treatment of life-threatening blood loss or anemia
- Mechanical ventilation
- 24-hour access to lab equipment and diagnostic imaging (X-rays, ultrasound, CT)
Our team provides continued management of critically hospitalized patients and commonly collaborates with specialists from other services including Internal Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology and Neurology. This allows our patients to obtain well rounded patient care and management.
We hope that your pet will never need the help of our criticalists, but if they do, we will be ready to address any serious, life-threatening problems.