WORK. PLAY. LIVE.
Attn: Veterinary Technicians
Work at a place where you can thrive and build a career. Play in the beautiful parks of the Upstate, enjoy the trails, multi-cultural dining experiences and beverage venues, and historical aspects that shaped what we know as Greenville today. Live in a town you cherish.
Upstate Vet, Greenville is here to guide you on a path to grow professionally by offering a vast array of educational assistance options to best suit your desires. We want you to advance in your knowledge and relish a healthy lifestyle.
- $500 after 90 days
- $500 after 6 months
The Upstate Vet, Greenville Culture
Upstate Vet, Greenville is comprised of emergency and specialty teams with a passion for animal health and work-life balance. Our ‘one team’ approach offers each patient a successful recovery strategy for a continuous healthy lifestyle. We create a patient experience that exceeds expectations, while educating our pet parents and families through thoughtful and ongoing communication.
Our hospital fosters a healthy environment by offering flexible leave policies, support for mental health awareness, and a family-like atmosphere amongst the hospital team members. With an investment in elevated technology, continual improvement in patient care, and a demonstration of excellence as an AAHA Accredited hospital, we are excited to expand our facility during 2022.
Upstate Vet, Greenville services pets from South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia – and we are ready to welcome you as a member of our family!
- Full-benefits package with medical/dental/vision
- 401K with employer match
- Paid time off out of respect for employee quality of life and personal time
- Competitive quality wages
- Shift differentials
- Annual uniform allowance
- Employee pet discounts that include, but are not limited to services, medications, and lab work
- Access to complimentary continuing education symposiums; plus every day is an opportunity to learn from industry-leading veterinarians on staff!
- Annual in-state licensure reimbursement
- Monitored on-boarding and training through our Training & Development Department. This ensures you are set up for success and that quality medical care is delivered consistently for best patient outcomes.
- Educational investment in our team members and our hospital: a customized training program for every person. We are committed to helping you fulfill your career goals and advance in your professional development.
- Monetary referral rewards program for hospital recruits
- Access to our VTS Mentorship Program for qualified individuals
- Yearly attendance bonus opportunities (Greenville only)
- Employee app to facilitate internal communication and hospital updates
- Fully-stocked coffee bar for all shifts!
- Appreciation events including National Technician Week, Employee Appreciation Days, Client Representative Appreciation Week, annual holiday festivities, and more!
- Vendor luncheons and educational opportunities – complete with food for the whole team!
- An elite opportunity to be part of “One Team” and come together for the ultimate goal of providing exceptional medicine and compassionate care.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Veterinary Technician License in South Carolina or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- At least two years of veterinary experience as a LVT, or Assistant, prior to licensure
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- On-call required on a rotational basis
- Excellent communication and customer service skills